Job Title: Windows Systems Administrator 2218-6535, i2S
Location: McLean, VA
Date Updated: January 16, 2014
Part/Full Time: Full Time
Hours Per Year: 1860
Skill Level: Subject Matter Expert
Clearance: TS/ISSA, Full Scope Polygraph
The successful applicant will be an essential member of our seven-person IT team, supporting the client's critical mission as the sole administrator of a Windows domain for approximately 90 users. Duties will include creating and deleting user accounts, configuring accounts and group policies, installing and configuring servers and software, troubleshooting user problems, and, equally important, working with colleagues to administer security patches and upgrades to maintain compliance.
The client's network is heavily dependent on Citrix and is undergoing a major upgrade at present, so the successful applicant must have strong Citrix desktop virtualization experience. The client's network also heavily depends on several Linux servers that the successful applicant will also regularly maintain and patch/upgrade. The applicant must be proactive in identifying problems and work within the team to correct them quickly, accurately and with minimal supervision.
**All mandatory skills must be reflected for job consideration**
1) Demonstrated experience in Windows and Linux system administration, Windows/Linux security, Windows/Linux networking and complex hardware configurations
2) Demonstrated experience managing a Citrix virtual environment and at least one programming language, preferably Perl.
3) Demonstrated minimum of 10 years of experience as a system administrator within Windows and Linux environments.
4) Demonstrated minimum of 5 years of experience working with Citrix virtualization, preferably Citrix farm managers and related technologies,
5) Demonstrated minimum of ten years of experience with scripting languages in a Unix/Linux environment - preferably Perl but others considered.
Certification Requirements: n/a
—Demonstrated experience in databases, specifically Oracle, Oracle RAC and related products.
—Demonstrated experience with programming in .NET, C#, Java and related Web languages.
—Demonstrated experience with large-scale storage systems and configuration/integration of such systems with applications and GUI developers.
CONUS Travel: No
OCONUS Travel: No
Night Work: No
Pager Duty: No
Holiday Work: No
Weekend Work: No
Shift Work: No
COOP Requirements: No